Dear Regis students,
Faculty, staff and administrators have spent the past few weeks closely monitoring the global spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). We have been in contact with the Department of Public Health and have been following the public health recommendations and guidelines. Our top priority is the health and safety of the students, faculty and staff at Regis. Please visit our COVID-19 (coronavirus) page for additional information.
As a reminder, Massachusetts continues to have very few cases of the disease.
As the semester continues, please keep in mind:
- Classes are continuing to run as scheduled. Please attend your classes, clinicals, fieldwork, research experiences, teaching internship, or internship unless instructed otherwise by Regis.
- Many of you currently have external experiences (e.g. clinicals). Since many students need these hours in order to graduate, if possible, please do not miss any of your hours at these sites. Please follow the instructions from your faculty member/clinical supervisor about any changes that have occurred due to COVID-19 preparation.
- If you have not done so already, please complete a Travel Registry form for international travel since February 18, 2020, and any upcoming personal international travel. Providing travel information is a voluntary decision. Any information provided will be shared on a strict need-to-know basis for community health protection (e.g. disclosed to Regis College Health Services, the Center for Global Connections).
- Per Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines, a 14-day self-quarantine period is required for all travelers from current Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Level Two and Three Travel Warning countries. Travelers from Level Two or Three countries should self-quarantine at their home or off-campus residence for 14 days, monitor their symptoms and contact Health Services before returning to any Regis facility. If symptoms occur, individuals should seek medical attention.
- If you or a member of your household is sick or experiencing any flu-like symptoms, please do not come to any of the Regis campuses. If you are a Weston-based student, please reach out to Health Services by phone at 781.768.7290. If you are located at Regis North or are an online student, please seek medical care from your local healthcare provider.
Each program at Regis has a plan in place to deal with potential disruptions to courses. Any individual changes to your courses will be communicated to you by your faculty member. Faculty will post information on the course Moodle page and will send it via your Regis email account. All university-wide announcements will be made via Regis email and posted on our COVID-19 (coronavirus) page.
Over spring break, Regis facilities crews have conducted extensive cleaning of high-touch surfaces in buildings and residence halls. To protect our community, we strongly urge frequent handwashing, avoid touching your face, maintain social space, and stay home if you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms.
The university encourages you to stay informed about this virus. Regular updates can be found on the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Mass. Department of Public Health websites.
If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to your faculty advisor, program director or school dean.