We recognize financing your education may come with questions. We have compiled answers to some of the most commonly asked questions from the Office of Financial Aid and the Bursar.

Financial Aid Frequently Asked Questions

  • What is financial aid?

    Provides support and assistance to students and families regarding the FAFSA, grants, scholarships, loans, and the federal work-study program.

  • How do I apply for financial aid?

    Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) form allows you to be considered for federal student aid.

    The FAFSA is available to complete as of October 1 each year.

  • What is a merit scholarship?

    Four-year undergraduate merit scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement. Students do not need to apply separately for a merit scholarship and are informed of their award at the time of their acceptance. Merit scholarships are awarded to entering full-time, first-year, and transfer students only. Merit scholarships do not need to be repaid.

  • Why am I not eligible for federal work study?

    Some students may not qualify for the federal work-study program (FWS). FWS is based on financial need calculated by the FAFSA form.

  • What is Estimated Family Contribution (EFC)?

    Your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is an index number that the financial aid staff use to determine how much financial aid you will receive. The information you report on your FAFSA, including specific tax information and family income, is used to calculate your EFC.

    For more information, visit the Federal Student Aid website.

  • Does Regis offer any financial support for veterans?

    Regis is an active participant in all veteran’s educational reimbursement programs. For the Post-9/11 GI Bill®Yellow Ribbon Program, Regis contributes $35,000 towards undergraduate tuition and $25,000 towards graduate tuition. These amounts are matched by the Veteran’s Administration. Recipients of this program will also receive a housing and textbook allowance from the Department of Veteran Affairs. Qualified veterans and their dependents are eligible for this benefit. The Regis College Veteran Center works collaboratively with students who are enrolled in the VA Vocational Rehabilitation Program Chapter 31 and their VA employment counselor to successfully pursue their education.

  • What happens if I decide to become part-time?

    Going from full-time to part-time (under 12 credits for undergraduate students; under six credits for graduate students) for an undergraduate student can greatly impact your financial aid award as some loans or grants are based on full time enrollment. If you are considering going part-time, you should contact your financial aid counselor to better understand how this will affect your award.

  • When will my federal loans be disbursed?

    Federal student loans require the student to complete an entrance counseling and a Master Promissory Note before the loans can be disbursed. Both can be completed at studentaid.gov.

  • Who is my financial aid counselor?

    Yolande Stephenson: undergraduate and graduate students with last names A-F; work-study program

    Logan Liberty: undergraduate and graduate students with last names G-N

    Scott Hiller: undergraduate and graduate students with last names O-Z

    Rebecca Anderson: online and Regis North students with last names A-L

    Valerie Paterson: online and Regis North students with last names M-Z

  • How do I appeal my financial aid award letter?

    If you experience a significant change in your financial circumstances or if you have extenuating circumstances that are not reflected on your FAFSA, you may submit a letter of appeal. Documentation that supports your appeal should be turned in as well. Appeals generally take two weeks for a response. If you experience any of the following situations, please submit it in writing to the Office of Financial Aid:

    • Loss of income
    • Loss of untaxed income or benefits
    • Death of a parent/spouse
    • Incarceration of a parent/spouse
    • Unusually high medical/dental bills not covered by insurance
  • I need a private loan to help pay my bill. How do I find one?

    Students who are checking on the status of a private loan they recently applied for should speak to their Regis Financial Aid counselor. Students asking about private loan options can view multiple options online here.

  • I am experiencing difficulty contacting a financial aid representative. What do I do?

    During certain times of the year, it can be difficult to reach a representative. The best option is to email finaid@regiscollege.edu and a representative will get back to you as quickly as possible.

Bursar Frequently Asked Questions

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site.