Packing for college can be a daunting task. Use the list below understand what to pack and what to leave at home.
Students must comply with the following regulations regarding what is and is not permitted in the residence halls. If you have questions about an appliance or electrical equipment, please contact the Office of Residence Life.
What to Bring to Campus
- Alarm clock with battery back-up
- Area rug
- Desk lamp
- Egg crate and/or mattress pad
- Fan (no larger than 12” in diameter)
- Light bulbs (cannot exceed 100 watts in an individual fixture)
- Masking tape and/or white posting putty
- Linens: pillows, towels, blankets, extra long twin sheets
- Curtains: window measurements: Single window- 32"x 54"; Whole window casing (two windows) 72" x 58"
- Plates, bowls, cups and utensils
- Refrigerator (up to 4 cubic Feet)
- Safe for valuables
- Storage bins (under the bed)
- Surge protector
- Toiletries, shower caddy, and shower shoes
What Not to Bring to Campus
If found, these items may be confiscated by Residence Life Staff
- Air conditioners
- Animals (flake eating fish are allowed)
- Bed Risers (all beds on campus are able to be raised)
- Candles and incense
- Coffee pots
- Electric blankets
- Halogen lamps
- Hot plates
- Lava lamps
- Plants exceeding 2½ feet tall
- Space heaters
Residence Life has partnered with Piece by Piece Movers for student summer storage. Piece by Piece will pick up student items, store them, and deliver items to a student's fall placement. For more information on pricing and to sign up.