Skip to main content
The Fung Scholars and Fellows Program at Regis College
The Fung Scholars and Fellows Program at Regis College is an endowed scholarship on behalf of the Fung Foundation in honor of Ms. Julia Fung’s fiftieth reunion. This is a four-year undergraduate scholarship for residential students who are citizens of Hong Kong or Mainland China. The value of this scholarship is an approximate 50% reduction in tuition, room and board.
The scholarship also includes the fees associated with one service immersion trip through Regis College’s Center for Ministry and Service. Scholarship recipients must live on campus, maintain good academic standing, maintain full-time student status and participate in opportunities organized by the Fung Foundation.
The scholarship is available to recipients no more than eight (8) semesters of undergraduate study and does not provide funding for coursework outside of the fall and spring semesters. Scholarship recipients will convene throughout the academic year and participate in ongoing co-curricular activities.
Eligibility for this scholarship is based upon academic merit and a written recommendation from the headmaster, principal, or guidance/secondary school counselor from your high school. In order to be considered for the scholarship, the student must:
- Demonstrate outstanding academic achievement as evidenced by their class ranking. The student's current school is responsible for reporting a student’s class rank and the size of the class on the student’s school record within the Common Application. The Office of Undergraduate Admission will calculate the student’s ranking.
- Apply for undergraduate admission as a first-year student on or before January 15, 2020.
- Plan to be a residential student (living on campus).
- Student must be a citizen of Hong Kong or Mainland China as evidenced on the student’s passport.
About the Scholarship
- The value of this scholarship is an approximate 50% reduction in tuition, room, and board
- Recipients of the scholarship must maintain full-time, residential status while studying at Regis.
- Regis will pay for one service trip (domestic or international) coordinated by the Center for Ministry and Service during the course of the student’s four-year enrollment.
- Students are invited to attend any of the events hosted for Fung Scholars and Fellows across the nation by the Victor and William Fung Foundation.
In addition, students in the Fung Scholars and Fellows Program at Regis College will participate in:
- 15 hours of service per year, in partnership with the Center for Ministry and Service.
- Regular faculty-led programming with the Fung Scholar cohort.
- Presentations to the Regis Community on the student’s experiences as a member of the Fung Scholars and Fellows Program.