- Complete the CSDCAS application
- Request that official transcripts from all US institutions attended be sent to CSDCAS
- Upload a personal statement in the documents section of CSDCAS
- Request three letters of recommendation be sent through the CSDCAS recommender portal
- International applicants: Request that official evaluations of transcripts from all foreign institutions be sent to CSDCAS as follows:
- Use the World Education Services (WES) link in the Academic History section of the application to order your official WES evaluation or
- Use the “Download Evaluation Request Form” in the Academic History section of the application to request an evaluation from an evaluation service other than WES.
Note: The GRE is not required.
Completion of the prerequisite courses listed below as part of, or in addition to, an undergraduate degree.
- Coursework must be from an accredited university.
- Students must receive a grade of B- or higher for their CSD prerequisites and must pass their non-CSD prerequisites.
- Applicants can be admitted and begin the program with as many as two missing prerequisites, but must complete them prior to the start of their second semester in the program.
CSD Prerequisite Courses:
- Language Acquisition/Development
- Speech/Hearing Science
- Anatomy and Physiology for Speech/Language/Hearing
Non-CSD Prerequisite Courses:
- Physical Sciences (Physics or Chemistry)
- Biological Sciences
- Social Sciences
Characteristics of a Successful Candidate
- 3.0 overall GPA or higher.
- B- or higher in any CSD courses.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university earned before beginning the graduate program.
- A passion for learning, creating, and collaborating.
- Goals and values that include helping individuals in need.
- Priority Deadline: January 15, 2023
- Final Deadline: May 1, 2023
Note: Applications that are complete and verified through CSDCAS will be reviewed and admission decisions will be sent to applicants by April 15.