Candidates for a Bachelor of Arts in English take 30 credits as well as a three-credit internship, with the following guidelines:
- ID 234 Digital Scholarship
- EN 223 Rhetoric
- EN 211 Writing About Texts
- Nine credits chosen among 200-level English courses
- At least nine credits chosen among 300-level English courses
- At least one 400-level English course
- One internship course
- Students produce senior portfolios to be assessed by the faculty of the major
English majors who also study for licensure for secondary education must choose the following among their required courses:
- at least three survey courses;
- a Shakespeare course;
- one course in the history of the language.
Interested students may also obtain minors in writing and English.