- Core Curriculum
- Our Location
- Committed to Service
- School of Liberal Arts, Education and Social Sciences
- School of Nursing, Science and Health Professions
- Academic Credit
- Just the Facts
- Faculty By Department
- President's Message
- President’s Lecture Series on Health
- Public Relations
- Student Creative Work
- Institutional Review Board
Spellman Museum Holds A "Meet The Olympians" NightSeptember 4, 2008
Keynote Speaker a Member of the 1936 USA Olympic Team
Spellman Museum of Stamps and Postal History on the Regis campus will honor Ms. Jo Warren Madden, a member of the 1936 USA Olympic Track team, on Thursday, September 11 at 7:00 pm. Hear about her experiences in the Berlin games, the most controversial of all the modern Olympics.
Come meet other Boston area Olympians, including
- Jarrod Shoemaker, 2008 Triathlon team in Beijing;
- Carol Feeney, 1992 Olympic rower in Barcelona;
- Holly Hatton, 1980 Olympic rower and 1988 and 1992 coach of the US women’s rowing teams
- Tom Kiefer, 1984 rower in Los Angeles games;
- Eleonora Mendonca, Brazilian marathon runner in Los Angeles;
- Imogene Fish, 1952 captain of USA ski team in Oslo;
- Nicole Freedman, 2000 USA bicycle team in Sydney, Australia.
Other area Olympians who competed in Atlanta, Athens, Rome and other venues are also scheduled to attend. The audience will have a chance to meet all of these athletes and ask questions. Bill Littlefield of WBUR/Public Radio’s “It’s Only a Game” will serve as moderator.
The program is part of the Museum’s current exhibit of hundreds of worldwide stamps commemorating past Olympics. The exhibit runs through September 30.
Children will receive a free packet of stamps and the Museum Store will have past Olympic stamps on sale as well as the current 42 cent USA Olympic commemorative. Admission is free.
For more information call 781-768-8367 or visit www.spellman.org.