Second-Year Experience Program
The Second Year Experience Program
Through the Second Year Experience Program (SYE), sophomores continue to build on the personal, academic, and career foundations developed during their first year of college. Key to this process is the ongoing academic monitoring of students' academic progress by the sophomore class advisor in collaboration with faculty advisors. The Second Year Experience fosters academic curiosity by offering a variety of workshops, which encourage further career exploration through the Center for Internships and Career Services.
The purpose of the SYE is to help sophomores
- Learn more about themselves so that they can make purposeful and realistic choices about their field of study.
- Identify internship and summer work opportunities that will help them explore or strengthen their career options, and build marketable skills.
- Build a stronger link between themselves and their advising team.
SYE 2012-2013 Events
Dinner with President Dr. Antoinette Hays, 9/27/12
5:00 pm – 7:00 pm, Morrison House
Information Session on Study Abroad, 10/25/12
David Gilmore, Associate Dean Academic Affairs, 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm, Faculty Dining Room(Lower Student Union)
- New Majors Information Session: Nuclear Medicine, Health & Fitness, Museum Studies, Public Health, 10/30/12 at 12:30 pm, Student Success Center
- Summer program at Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 12/4/12, Andrew Blanchette ’13 & CURE staff, 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm, Science Building 109
For more information contact
Sophomore Class Advisor/Student Disability Services Director