- Undergraduate Admission
- Transfer Students
- International Students
- Undergraduate Academic Programs & Majors
- Academic Services & Support
- Center for Internships and Career Placement
Global Business Management and Economics Department
The Department of Business Management’s mission is to provide an environment of collaborative learning among students, faculty, staff and the greater community for the purpose of creating personal and professional success for all stakeholders.
- Providing quality instruction
- Maintaining continuous improvements in programs and curricula
- Providing timely career-based skills and knowledge for students so that they will be viewed as desirable prospects for career growth opportunities by their current and/or future employers
- Supporting continuing education outreach programs (credit and non-credit) for the business community within the College’s service area
- Providing students from around the world with a global awareness of domestic and international business
Student Learning Outcomes
- Know the core areas of business: accounting, management, marketing, economics, and finance in a global context
- Analyze ethical issues that impact business decisions from economic, political, legal, and social perspectives
- Utilize technology skills to maximize managerial decision-making from the perspective of the organization
- Apply statistical analysis and other quantitative project management techniques to evaluate data, test assumptions, and apply conclusions to managerial decision-making
- Develop a Business Strategic Plan that integrates and applies all the core areas of business: accounting, management, marketing, economics, and finance in a global context
The Regis College Global Business Management and Economics Department seeks to prepare undergraduate and graduate students to become innovative and ethical leaders in a globalized world, broadly educated with inquiring minds. Students gain an essential knowledge of the functions of business combined with a unique understanding of the business world and their place in it.
We seek to create and sustain a supportive and enabling environment that deeply values human capital and encourages all students to prosper and grow educationally and personally. Integrity and ethics are both valued and stressed.
Our rigorous, balanced and comprehensive approach to business education transforms our students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the challenges of the business world. Clear, thorough, and effective classroom teaching is essential, as is constant improvements in pedagogy. Emphasis is place on the well-rounded business education, with quantitative skills in accounting, finance and statistics, managerial skills in human resource, marketing, entrepreneurship and international business, culminating with senior-year seminars in business theory and strategy.
The Experiential Learning Experience is the strength of the program. The teamwork inherent in this program enables us to leverage multiple minds applied to issues, expands and deepens individual learning, creates an enriching work environment, and represents a unique competency. Combined with our well-established Internship component, students have the opportunity to add depth to their academic experience, gain exposure to professional opportunities, and develop the skills needed to succeed in today's global business environment. Additionally, our current efforts are a partnership of students, faculty, staff, the business community, and the broader academic community. We seek and value the support and counsel of our alumni and the wider business community.
The Management program’s ultimate goal is to develop leaders and managers who bring an ethical perspective to business decision making. In the true spirit of the Sisters of Saint Joseph, we strive to provide a complete education, technically sound in the fundamentals of business, but with a clear perspective of oneself and of the professional and ethical responsibility to one’s profession, community and society.