- Undergraduate Admission
- Transfer Students
- International Students
- Undergraduate Academic Programs & Majors
- Academic Services & Support
- Center for Internships and Career Placement
The Communication Department at Regis College empowers women and men to challenge themselves academically, to serve and lead.
- Help students develop the ability to inquire, analyze and to think critically about the various facets of the communication discipline
- Provide students with the relevant skills and techniques for effective oral, mediated, visual and written communication
- Provide experiential learning through structured internships, service-learning and other projects in order to prepare them for careers and/or graduate education that are hallmarks of the Communication program
Student Learning Outcomes
- Analyze and apply major theories within the discipline.
- Prepare and present effective oral, written and visual messages.
- Synthesize existing research on a communication or communication-related topic.
- Design and conduct original research on a communication topic.
- Gain experience in a communication or communication-related professional environment through a supervised internship experience.
Welcome to the Communication Department! Our goal is to provide our students with a strong foundation in the communication discipline. Students take a wide range of courses that focus on oral, written, visual and theoretical communication principles. Our faculty has expertise in areas such as public relations, journalism, organizational communication, visual communication, media technology, photography, film, intercultural communication, interpersonal communication and public speaking. Our courses engage students intellectually while providing a practical focus.
In addition to their coursework, students gain real-life experiences through our internship program. Students are placed in a wide range of internship sites including advertising and public relations firms; radio and television stations; newspapers and magazines as well as conference and event planning companies. In addition, students have interned with professional sports teams and non-profit organizations. These experiences help students apply what they have learned in the classroom and enhance their professional preparation.
Students also participate in service-learning in many of their courses. These experiences help students connect what they are learning in their courses with service to the community. Through service-learning, students engage in meaningful work and learn they can truly make a difference in the community.
Our students have other exciting opportunities while at Regis. Our majors have participated in international exchange programs to England, Ireland, Australia and Italy as well as domestic exchange programs such as the Washington, DC program. They may also complete their undergraduate degree while beginning our graduate program in Organizational and Professional Communication.
Overall, we offer a challenging, dynamic and supportive environment for our students. Our classes are small and our faculty enjoys working closely with students. We prepare students for graduate study in communication, law and many other areas. Students are equally well-prepared to enter the working world. Our graduates have found success in a wide variety of areas such as television, public relations, journalism and advertising. They work for both profit and non-profit organizations. We hope you will consider joining us!