- Undergraduate Admission
- Transfer Students
- International Students
- Undergraduate Academic Programs & Majors
- Academic Services & Support
- Center for Internships and Career Services
Whether you're searching for your first job, considering graduate school, or looking to make a mid-career change, the Center for Internships and Career Services is here for you. The following are some of the areas in which we can assist our alumni.
We offer career counseling, including individual counseling sessions in-person, phone and e-mail to help alumni identify and explore possible career paths. Career assessment complements the career counseling process and may include some or all of these elements:
- Identifying your interests, abilities, preferences, and work values
- Meeting with a career counselor to facilitate the self-assessment process
- Recommending and helping you to interpret assessments such as the FOCUS 2 Career Planning Software, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), and Self-Directed Search (SDS)
- Providing job listings from area employers
Résumé and Cover Letter Writing
Developing a professional résumé and cover letter is an absolute must for most anyone who is searching for an internship or job. We provide assistance in the form of guidelines sheets, an action verb list, and samples for you to review. In addition, we encourage you to schedule an appointment with a career counselor to tailor your résumé and cover letter to your specific objective.
Career Connection Advisor Program
Perhaps the most valuable career resource you have as a Regis graduate is your network for fellow alumni. Through our Career Connection Advisor Program, you can learn about specific jobs, careers, and industries by speaking with alumni who have offered to serve as mentors.
Our alumni can help you clarify your career options in ways such as these:
- Informational interviews: Learn about typical job duties and qualifications, educational requirements, entry paths, and career satisfaction issues.
- Panel presentations: Participate in forums in which alumni talk about their careers.
- Job shadowing: Spend part of a day at an alum's work site observing and asking questions.
- Internship opportunities: Enjoy practical work experiences (for academic credit) that are supervised by alumni.
- Job search assistance: Network with alumni who can make referrals to professional contacts.
To receive contact information for Career Connection Advisors, please submit your request to the Center for Internships and Career Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conducting a Job Search
Today's job market calls for a variety of different approaches to identify appropriate job prospects, including reviewing job postings online and in newspapers, contacting employment agencies, joining professional associations, and attending job fairs. The Center for Internships and Career Services provides guidance on all of the above. We also help you cultivate the below skills, which will enhance your job prospects and perhaps even your starting level of compensation.
- Networking: It's not just what you know; it's who you know. Building and maintaining a professional network is important throughout your professional career.
- Interviewing: Preparation, involving both research and practice, is the key to successful interviewing. We hold workshops on interviewing basics. In addition, we schedule individual appointments to address specific concerns and allow opportunities for interview role-playing.
- References: A professional résumé and sharp interviewing skills are a great start. Strong references from professors, employers, and others can secure that coveted job opportunity. We explain how to go about collecting your references.
- Salary negotiation: Once you have received a job offer, you and your employer must decide on a mutually acceptable starting salary. We show you how to approach this often delicate aspect of the job search.
Center for Internships and Career Services
235 Wellesley Street
Weston, MA 02493
During the academic year
9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Monday through Friday