Regis College holds articulation agreements with the following colleges*
- Assumption College
- Bluefield State College (WV)
- Bristol Community College
- Bunker Hill Community College
- Community College of Rhode Island
- Dean College
- Kyoto Notre Dame University
- Marian Court College
- Massachusetts Bay Community College
- Middlesex Community College
- Notre Dame University of Kyoto, Japan
- Mount Wachusett Community College
- Northern Essex Community College
- North Shore Community College
- Stonehill College
Agreements For Regis College Students In Articulation Agreements With Other Schools
- Salve Regina University (PhD Program)
- Western New England University School of Law (JD Program)
*Agreements may be with specific programs or with the college as a whole. Please consult with Regis College Academic Affairs for the most updated information or with the school the student is wishing to transfer from.
The MassTransfer Block refers to a set of general education, core, or distribution requirements, consisting of 34 college-level credits:
|9||Behavioral and social sciences||Courses may be in either subject area|
|9||Humanities and fine arts||Courses may be in either subject area|
|7||Natural or physical science||Must include at least one course with a lab|
These credits, when completed together with a 2.0 or higher GPA, fully transfer to Regis College… even if you don’t have your associate degree. These credits also satisfy the general education/distribution/core requirements at Regis College, with Regis being able to add no more than six additional credits/two courses.
Regis College’s policy for transfer students entering the nursing major requires a transfer student to complete a semester of residency (a.k.a. one semester of courses) at Regis College prior to being accepted into the nursing major. With the residency requirement completed, you will join all other students in competing for admission into the Regis nursing program. Review of all applicants to the nursing major occurs at the conclusion of each fall term, at which time Regis will admit a designated number of qualified students.
The decision will be based primarily on the student’s grade-point average to date, with particular attention to the quality of performance in “Introduction to Nursing” and in prerequisite Regis science and math courses. Those who meet the basic criteria for program admission, but who do not gain entry, may elect to be waitlisted and be considered if an opening becomes available*. These candidates will be considered as before, against all candidates; therefore, program admission is not guaranteed. A student denied admission to nursing may continue in another academic major so long as he or she remains in good academic standing and meets the qualifications of that academic major.
*Transfer students who meet certain qualifications from Dean College may be directly accepted into nursing. Please speak with your admission counselor for details.
General science classes that will transfer towards nursing major credit
- Anatomy & Physiology I, II
Recommended summer courses
- Expressive Arts (specifically Spanish in Health Professions)
- Mathematics (specifically Statistics)
- Any elective
- Introduction to Nursing generally will not transfer
- No class with a grade below a C will transfer