- Student Affairs
- Center for Student Engagement
- Residence Life
- Center for Ministry & Service
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Center for Student Services
- Co-Curricular Learning
- Current Students
- First-Year Experience
- Graduate Affairs
- Health Services
- Life on Campus
- Social Media
Important: Action Required
Massachusetts law requires all undergraduate students taking nine (9) credits or more and all graduate students taking 6.75 credits or more to either demonstrate proof of comparable health insurance coverage or purchase a Student Health Program through their institution of higher education.
To ensure all Regis students are properly insured to meet the state law, all students are initially charged on their student account for the annual cost of the sponsored Regis Student Health Insurance Plan through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.
The health insurance premium for the annual policy is $2,583 for undergraduates and $3,023 for graduate students. This plan is underwritten and claims are administered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts. This plan provides coverage from August 20, 2017 through August 19, 2018.
It is your choice whether to enroll in this insurance plan or decline/waive the insurance and remain on your family or individual plan. This choice must be made by October 3, 2017, or you will remain enrolled by default for the duration of the annual period.
You may waive by demonstrating proof of comparable insurance through the online system prior to the deadline. Your waiver will be verified for accuracy and to ensure provider coverage is available while you are attending Regis. Once your waiver is approved, the charge will be removed from your student account. You may also choose to activate your coverage by enrolling online. If you do not complete either a waiver or enrollment form prior to the deadline, you will be enrolled by default and the charge will remain on your account.
We encourage you to review your own plan very carefully, especially if you are from outside Massachusetts, in order to ensure that you will have adequate health insurance coverage when you are away from home at Regis. Many HMO plans from other states will not provide sufficient access to coverage while in Massachusetts.
Insurance cards for enrolled students are distributed by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts. Further information will be sent to enrolled students after the enrollment/waiver period.
The enrollment/waiver period begins July 7, 2017 and ends October 3, 2017.
Directions for Waiving or Enrolling
To waive or enroll in this plan, visit www.gallagherstudent.com/regis. If you are new to Regis, follow the instructions to create your User Account. If you are a returning user, use your previous login information to access the waiver or enrollment form. If you have forgotten your password, use the “Forgot Password” link to reset.
In order to waive, you should have your current health insurance card available as this information will be necessary to complete the form.
Note: Please be aware that you will need to complete the online waiver or enrollment form each academic year.
If you know that you would like to enroll in the Plan, we encourage you to complete the enrollment form early to ensure access to your medical ID card on the Plan’s effective date.
The Regis Student Health Insurance Plan benefits are compliant with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Coverage for essential benefits provides no overall maximum dollar limit and recommended Preventive Care Services are covered at 100% of Preferred Allowance in-network with no deductible or copay. For further information, including costs, benefits, exclusions and limitations, please refer to the online plan information at www.gallagherstudent.com/regis or call Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk at 844-484-0087.
For students who enrolled in the 2016-2017 Regis Student Health Insurance Plan, please note that the following changes were made to the plan for 2017-2018:
- The insurance company and claims administrator will change to Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.
- Participating providers are providers who participate in the Blue Care Elect PPO network.
- Preventive care services will continue to be covered In Network with no copayments, coinsurance or deductibles, and will also be covered Out-of-Network after applicable deductibles, copayments, and/or coinsurance.
- Preventive care services (annual physical and annual GYN exams) will change from once per policy year to once per calendar year.
- The Out-of-Pocket maximum will change from $5,000 Out-of-Network to a $5,000 maximum, In and Out-of-Network combined.
- Emergency Room treatment will change from 90% In and Out-of-Network after a $150 copayment and deductible, to 100% In or Out of Network after a $150 copayment and no deductible.
- The In-Network Urgent Care benefit will change from $50 per visit and 90% coinsurance to $30 per visit then 100% coinsurance. Out-of-Network Urgent Care will change from $50 per visit and 70% coinsurance to 70% coinsurance, after deductible.
- Physical and Occupational Therapy will change from coverage per policy year to 100 visits per calendar year.
- The exclusion for Intercollegiate Sports Injuries will be removed. Injuries as a result of Intercollegiate Sports will be paid as any other condition.
- Hearing aids will be covered for members age 21 or younger for up to $2,000 per ear every 36 months
- Routine vision exams will be covered, limited to one exam every 12 months.
- Fitness and Weight Loss Benefits will be added on a reimbursement basis.
If you have questions, please call the Regis Center for Student Services at 781-768-7270.
Ground floor of Maria Hall
Dianna Jones, DNP, APRN-BC, FNP
Associate Dean and Medical Director of Regis Community Health Services
Family Nurse Practitioner
Gail Hanson-Mayer, CNS
Certified Psychiatric Clinical
Kathryn Klickstein, LICSW
Licensed Social Worker