Boston Area Counselor Tour (BACT)
You're Invited to Participate in the Boston Area College Tour
Tour each of the five Boston area colleges and universities to learn more about their academic programs, student life, faculty, internships and job placement... and experience Boston & Cambridge first-hand... the quintessential "college towns." Meet with faculty, current students and admissions staff members.
Tuesday, April 10 - Friday, April 13, 2012
Where: Hotel accommodations
Holiday Inn, Boston at Beacon Hill
5 Blossom Street at Cambridge Street
Boston, MA 02114
What does the tour include?
Your tour includes three nights hotel (double occupancy), meals at each school and local transportation between schools. Those preferring a single room will be responsible for an additional non-refundable $90 per night ($270 non refundable payment required at time of registration).
The Boston Area College Tour Committee respectfully requests that all guests attend the full program at each school. If you plan to meet friends or relatives in the area we kindly remind you to do so after program hours.
Register online and mail the $100 registration deposit (payable to Lesley University - please write "BACT 2012" on your check) no later than January 31, 2012. (This deposit will be refunded to attendees at the conclusion of the tour, provided you do not cancel your registration and that you visit each school).
- Registration will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis to the first 30 respondents; one person per institution. A wait list will begin once we've reached capacity.
- If you are requesting a single room a separate check in the amount of $270 (payable to Suffolk University) must be submitted along with your registration deposit.
Mail all checks to
Lesley College Office of Admissions
Attn: Sharon Gringeri Giroux, Associate Director of Admissions
29 Everett Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
Prior to March 1: If you need to cancel your reservations for any reason, your $100 registration deposit and single room fee of $270 will be mailed back to you.
After March 1: Your registration deposit of $100 and your $270 single room fee will not be returned to you unless we are able to replace your spot on the tour.
*Please note that Monday, April 16, 2012 is the Boston Marathon. Holiday Inn rates will increase to $199 (plus applicable taxes) per night beginning Friday, April 13th - if you wish to extend your stay beyond the tour dates, please indicate your intention on the reply form. Deadline for the discounted rate is March 4, 2012.
Transportation to Boston
The hotel is located off of the Red Line at the Charles/MGH T-station; for more information on the subway system visit, Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority.
- Cab service is available from the Boston Logan International Airport to the hotel; estimated one way trip from the airport to the hotel is about $25. Further information about getting to and from Boston's Logan Airport can be found online.
- You are responsible for your transportation costs to and from Boston.
Parking during the tour
- Parking will be available on-site at the hotel for a daily fee of $36 (subject to change). You are responsible for the parking fees associated with your stay.
- Limited parking will be available off-site at Emmanuel College at no charge. Off-site parking will be based on the date your reply form and deposit are received.