- The Office of Graduate Affairs
- Graduate Career Services
- Graduate Programs
- Graduate Certificates
- Academic Services and Support
- Graduate Admission
- Advisory Boards
Master of Science in Health Administration
The Master of Science in Health Administration is designed to develop highly effective Health Administrators and leaders, through a program of study focused on the critical, ethical, legal, social, political, management and leadership issues in Health Administration and through a hands-on field experience in a health care setting.
The Master of Science in Health Administration consists of a total of forty-two credits of study - fourteen three-credit courses total, including ten required courses, a communications course, a health informatics course, and two electives. Students complete a field experience in health administration in the final semester. All courses, designed with the busy working professional in mind, are offered on weekends and evenings, and many are taught in an intensive format with an on-line component. A flexible schedule of full or part-time study can be designed according to individual student needs. The student can complete a full time course of study in as little as sixteen months or a part-time option in as little as two years.
Students pursuing the full-time option are eligible for a $10,000 scholarship. Additionally, applicants starting the full-time option in the fall or spring semesters may waive the GRE requirement if their undergraduate GPA was a 3.0 or higher, or by taking two courses in the program and successfully completing them with a B grade or better.
- HP 601 Health Ethics and Law
- HP 602 Concepts in Health Administration
- HP 605 The U.S. Health Care System: Organization, Policy, and Politics
- HP 608 Health Care Quality Management
- HP 611 Management Accounting in Health Care
- HP 614 Financial Analysis in Health Administration
- HP 617 Quantitative Methods in Health Administration
- HP 620 Field Experience in Health Administration
- HP 622 Economics of Health Care
- HP 648 Strategic Management of Healthcare Organizations
- Health Informatics course (approved by advisor)
- Communications course (approved by advisor)
- 2 Electives (approved by advisor)
Join us for an upcoming Graduate Information Session, RSVP Today!
- Tuesday, March 11th at 6pm
- Saturday, April 26th at 9:30am