- The Office of Graduate Affairs
- Graduate Programs
- Graduate Certificates
- Academic Services and Support
- Graduate Admission
- Advisory Boards
Certificate in Health Informatics
The Graduate Certificate in Health Informatics is designed to introduce health care providers to the informatics industry; its current state of the art, systems and management. Students will learn essential competencies needed to participate in the strategic leadership of information systems and explore the industry through a self designed practice mentorship. The program will employ a case study method/problem based method in the classroom. Faculty will work with students to design a field experience most appropriate to meet their professional goals. The certificate will be comprised of four didactic courses and a field/mentorship experience. Certificate coursework will prepare students to sit for the certification exam given by the HIMSS, Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (all students), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (Nurses only).
This program aims to (1) explore the rapidly changing, dynamic health informatics industry, (2) examine the many informatics options currently available or under development, and (3) synthesize knowledge of health informatics, leadership and change in addressing informatics problems in the real world setting.
- Informatics in Health Care
- Health Information Systems
- Database Design & Development in Healthcare
- Strategic Leadership in Health Informatics
- Information Systems Mentorship
While this program does not allow for elective options, all students take part in a real world practical experience, which matches students with a mentor and allows for the opportunity to work in a health care setting.
- Wednesday, August 21st at 5:00pm: Certificate Programs
- Wednesday, August 21st at 6:00pm: All Graduate Programs
- Saturday, October 5th at 9:30am: All Graduate Programs
- Tuesday, December 3rd at 6:00pm: All Graduate Programs