- The Office of Graduate Affairs
- Graduate Programs
- Graduate Certificates
- Academic Services and Support
- Graduate Admission
- Advisory Boards
Certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis
The Certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) from Regis College affords the student the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of ABA while gaining valuable experiences applying and evaluating the principles and methods of ABA in a supervised setting. The certificate program is designed for students currently holding a Bachelors or Masters Degree in an approved field of study. Students enrolled in the certificate program are required to complete 18 credit hours in coursework (6 courses) and 9 credit hours of supervised practicum or fieldwork.
The certificate program is designed for busy professionals with courses offered in evenings and can be completed in as little as three semesters. Regis College also offers a part-time option. Please note that receiving a Certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis from Regis College is distinct from becoming a Board Certified Behavior Analyst®. The Behavior Analyst Certification Board® has approved the above course sequence as meeting the coursework requirements for eligibility to take the Board Certified Behavior Analyst Certification Examination®. However, applicants will have to meet additional requirements to qualify. See www.bacb.com for more details on the board certification requirements and process.
Applicants must have:
- Obtained at least a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university,
- Achieved a minimum GPA 3.0,
- Three letters of recommendation, and
- Schedule an individual interview with the Program Director.
Additional information may also be required.
- Concepts and Principles 1: Introduction to Applied Behavior Analysis (3 credits)*
- Concepts and Principles 2: Experimental Analysis of Behavior (3 credits)*
- Treatment Evaluation (3 credits)*
- Behavior Assessment (3 credits)*
- Behavior Intervention (3 credits)*
- Ethical Practice in Applied Behavior Analysis (3 credits)*
- Practicum (9 credits)
*The Behavior Analyst Certification Board® has approved this course sequence as meeting the coursework requirements for eligibility to take the Board Certified Behavior Analyst Certification Examination® and the Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst Certification Examination®. Applicants will have to meet additional requirements to qualify.