Alumni Sponsor Award
Through the years, Regis College has found that many of its best students have enrolled at the College because of the influence of its alumni. Recognizing this contribution, Regis would like to encourage alumni to continue the practice of recommending students to Regis College. As an incentive, the College has established the Alumni Sponsor Award, a $2,000 scholarship, awarded to incoming students and renewable on a three-year basis.
The enclosed nomination form must be completed and returned to the Office of Admission by February 15. Please be as informative as possible in the space provided.
- The student being recommended must exhibit substantial academic potential (recommended B average/3.0 GPA) and be willing to give service to the Alumni Office.
- Characteristics and values associated with the Regis College student should be present in the areas of leadership and service. Significant involvement in high school and/or community is required.
- Alumni parents, grandparents, or siblings may not recommend their children, grand-children, or siblings for this award.
Students need not have applied for admission to the College to be nominated for the award; however, to receive the award, nominated students must
- Apply and be accepted for admission.
- Complete side two of the enclosed nomination form.
- All first-year and transfer prospective students are eligible for the award.
- All nominations will be reviewed by the Regis College Admission Committee in concert with the Alumni Office.
History of the Regis College Alumni Sponsor Award
Regis College established this award in September 1991 to empower alumni. We want our alumni to acknowledge high school seniors and transfer students who exhibit some of the qualities normally associated with Regis College men and women. This acknowledgment is intended to encourage young men and women with strong values and academic potential to attend Regis College. By nominating a student for this award, Regis College alumni are taking an active role in recruiting future Regis students who “will challenge themselves academically to lead and to serve.” (from the Regis College Mission Statement)
Send Your Nomination Today!