- Bachelor's Degree Completion
- Visit Regis
- Apply Now!
- Veterans Program
- Nursing Faculty Loan Program
- Articulation Agreements
- Parents & Families
- Prospective Students
- Secondary School Counselors
The Fung Scholars Program at Regis
The mission of The Fung Scholars Program at Regis is to support the international experiences of students seeking to learn in different cultures and environments. The program is funded by a generous donation in the name of Regis alumna Julia Fung '67 and provides scholarships for students from Hong Kong and Mainland China who wish to pursue their undergraduate education in the United States.
Students selected for this prestigious initiative have demonstrated academic excellence, a commitment to service, and a passion for leadership. As part of the program, students will be able to participate in one domestic or international service trip, funded by Regis.
The international Fung Scholars Program was established by the Victor and William Fung Foundation in 2006. To date, the program has supported the educational aspirations of more than 4,500 students.
Eligibility for this scholarship is based upon academic merit and a written nomination from the headmaster, principal, or guidance/secondary school counselor from your high school. In order to be considered for the scholarship, the student must:
- Possess a 3.5 cumulative GPA (recalculated by the Regis Office of Undergraduate Admission)
- Apply for admission to the university by April 1, 2018
- Admission requirements can be found here
- Be nominated by the Head of the School (Principal, Headmaster, President, or Chief Administrator) or Guidance Director/Counselor by April 1, 2018
- Participate in an interview process (virtual or in person) with a member of the Fung Scholarship Committee
- Meet the expectations outlined in scholarship agreement while a student at Regis
- Plan to be a residential student while at Regis
Scholarship and Renewal
- Four recipients of the Fung Scholarship will receive $10,000 USD per year
- Recipients of the Fung Scholarship must maintain full-time, residential status while studying at Regis
- Regis will pay for one service trip (domestic or international) coordinated by the Center for Ministry and Service during the course of the student’s four-year enrollment
- Students are invited to attend any of the events hosted for Fung Scholars and Fellows across the nation by the Victor and William Fung Foundation
In addition, Fung Scholars will participate in:
- Complete 15 hours of service per year, in partnership with the Center for Ministry and Service
- Participate in regular faculty-led programming with the Fung Scholar cohort
- Each spring, present to the Regis Community on the student’s experiences as a Fung Scholar