- Bachelor's Degree Completion
- Academic Affairs
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Nursing
- Academic Advising
- Academic Catalog
- Academic Calendar
- Accreditation & State Regulatory Authorizations
- Academic Center for Excellence
- Internships & Career Placement
- Lifelong Learning At Regis College
- IT Services
Global Business Management Major
The Global Business Management major blends a liberal arts and management education that prepares future professionals for work in business, government, and non-profit organizations in an increasing global environment.
The program includes a pre-approved option to take a semester in either Cyprus or Milan, typically during the 3rd year. The Capstone Project, completed during the final semester, is a culmination of previous work and focuses on strategic objectives for international expansion. 100 percent of the program’s students participate in an internship of their choosing.
The program is currently a candidate for accreditation with ACBSP (Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs), an internationally recognized organization.
There are many opportunities for students to focus in on specific topics that are beyond the scope of course subjects, including the potential to pursue individualized research interests under the one-on-one guidance of department faculty.
Past research subjects have included financial literacy for college students, the relationship of state tax rates on population shifts, and the effects of professional sports stadium construction subsidies on local taxpayers. For the 2016/17 academic year students are researching the events leading up to and the implications of the "Brexit" vote in the United Kingdom. Additionally, original findings from research conducted by student John Wilhelm '18' on intellectual property issues in China and India have been accepted for presentation at regional conferences and are being submitted for publication in international academic journals.
List of courses and requirements
Prerequisites for Major
- MA 210 Statistics*
- MT 203 Introduction to Leadership/Management
- MT 204 Organizational Behavior
*MA 210 is required regardless of a mathematics core waiver.
Requirements for the Major
- MT 209 Financial Accounting
- MT 210 Managerial Accounting
- MT 220 International Management
- MT 222 Principles of Marketing
- MT 235 Software App of Business
- MT 340 Financial Management
- MT 373 International Financial Management
- MT 374 International Marketing
- MT 402 Seminar: Managerial Policy/Capstone
- EC 201 Principles of Microeconomics
- EC 202 Principles of Macroeconomics
- EC 203 The Global Economy
- ID 413 Interdisciplinary Internship Semester
Plus a minor in Accounting, Economics, or Data Analytics