- Bachelor's Degree Completion
- Academic Affairs
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Nursing
- Academic Advising
- Academic Catalog
- Academic Calendar
- Accreditation & State Regulatory Authorizations
- Academic Center for Excellence
- Title III
- Internships & Career Placement
- Lifelong Learning At Regis College
- IT Services
- Institutional Review Board
Pre-Professional/Pre-Medical, Veterinary and Pre-Dental Programs
Pre-professional programs are not majors, but a curriculum designed for students based on the various requirements of different medical, dental, and veterinary schools and by recommendations from the Association of American Medical Colleges, Dental and Veterinary Colleges or Universities. Students wishing to pursue these programs should consult with their faculty advisor for specific details.
Students can help prepare themselves in high school by taking as many math and AP science classes as are available to them.
Although requirements vary between schools, students who do well in the following curriculum at Regis will be well prepared to apply to Medical, Veterinary and Dental schools:
- 2-semesters of General Biology
- 2 semesters of General Chemistry
- 2-semesters of Organic chemistry
- 1-semester of Biochemistry
- 2-semesters of Physics
- 2-semesters of English
- Minimum 3.4 GPA
- High Score on the MCAT or GRE tests
It is also recommended that students take general chemistry during their first year to be able to complete Biochemistry before taking the MCAT or GRE during the spring of their junior year.
Students are encouraged to apply to the Regis Honors Program and become involved on campus to demonstrate their strengths in areas outside the classroom.
Dual Enrollment with Saint George’s University
Regis also has a dual enrollment agreement with St. George’s University in Grenada. Students applying to Regis may ask to be considered for this program. If you are accepted into this program and maintain GPA requirements, a spot is saved for you at SGU. However, you are free to attend any school if you chose to go somewhere else upon graduation from Regis.
Applications are reviewed holistically by the teams at Regis and SGU. However, some general guidelines include:
- 3 letters of recommendation
- 1800 combined SAT, or 26 ACT
- Minimum GPA of 3.4 with strong science and math background
Upon acceptance, students must maintain a GPA of 3.4 or above, and earn competitive scores on the MCAT (within 3 points of previous year’s average) or GRE (above 290).
- Students enter St. George’s University’s medical or veterinary medical programs directly, without competing for a slot.
- Students will have earned both their undergraduate and graduate degrees in seven years, one fewer year than the traditional path.
- Accelerated program results in lower cost
- SGU students can complete their clinical training and residency requirements at an extensive network of hospitals both in the US and internationally
For additional information, please contact Dr. Kristen Willems.