- Bachelor's Degree Completion
- Academic Affairs
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Nursing
- Academic Advising
- Academic Catalog
- Academic Calendar
- Accreditation & State Regulatory Authorizations
- Academic Center for Excellence
- Internships & Career Placement
- Lifelong Learning At Regis College
- IT Services
- Institutional Review Board
Welcome to the Pi Gamma Mu Honor Society
Founded in 1924 at Southwestern College (Winfield, Kansas), Pi Gamma Mu is the oldest and preeminent honor society in the social sciences.
Pi Gamma Mu’s constitution defines the social sciences to include the disciplines of history, political science, sociology, anthropology, economics, psychology, international relations, criminal justice, social work, social philosophy, history of education, and cultural/human geography. Membership is also extended to interdisciplinary social science areas that build on the core social science disciplines, such as business and society, education, minority studies, public administration, international studies, public finance, leadership studies, consumer behavior, public policy and organizational behavior.
Pi Gamma Mu Organizational Mission
The mission of Pi Gamma Mu® is to encourage and promote excellence in the social sciences and to uphold the ideals of scholarship and service.
Student Membership Information
Regis undergraduate and graduate students are invited to join the Massachusetts Beta Chapter of Pi Gamma Mu. The following criteria are required to be eligible for membership:
- Be a junior, senior, or graduate student in the upper 35% of the class;
- Have taken at least 20 semester hours in social sciences with an average grade therein of “B” or better;
- Pay the one-time, lifetime institutional membership fee of $50.
Privileges for a lifetime membership include:
- A gold-plated key pin
- A certificate worth framing
- A valuable item for your resume
- Furtherance of a professional career
- Advancement in Government Service rating
- Invitation to regional meetings and triennial conventions
- Opportunities to work closely with those who share common interests
- An opportunity to compete for a scholarship for the first and second year in graduate school
- A one-year subscription to International Social Science Review
- An email subscription to the Pi Gamma Mu Newsletter
The application form for Pi Gamma Mu must be returned to Dr. Kate Edney, College Hall 310.