- Professional Advancement
- School of Liberal Arts, Education & Social Sciences
- School of Nursing, Science & Health Professions
- Academic Catalog
- Academic Center for Excellence
- Internships & Career Placement
- Lifelong Learning At Regis College
- IT Services
An introduction to RefWorks
A: RefWorks is a web-based bibliographic software package that enables you to:
- Organize your research
- Include citations while you write your paper
- Build a bibliography in a variety of formats
- Import references from many data sources
- Create bibliographies in different document formats (Word, RTF, HTML, etc.)
A: If you are on the Regis campus, log in to RefWorks. If you are logging in for the first time you will be asked to register. You will receive an email confirming your registration. If you are off-campus, you will see a page asking for Regis College's Subscriber Group Code. If you have a Library Information Literacy Handout, the Subscriber Group Code is in it. If not, please call the reference desk at 781-768-7303 for more assistance.
A: On your RefWorks login page, there is a link that says “forgot your login?” Select this link and enter your email address that you used when registering for your RefWorks< account. Your login name and password will be mailed to you.
A: After you log in to RefWorks, go to Tools/Settings and select Update User Info. You can change your login name, password, email address or establish a read-only password in this area.
A: By using:
- online help and tutorials
- the Quick Start Guide [requires Adobe Reader]
- a Quick Start Card you can download [requires Adobe Reader]
A: Make sure your browser or Internet security/firewall software is not blocking the RefWorks site. Some browsers have a setting where you can make RefWorks a trusted site. Make sure you are logging in correct place: if you are on-campus, the login screen should say “RefWorks User Login for Regis College” and there should be a place for your login name and password.