- Bachelor's Degree Completion
- Academic Affairs
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Business & Communication
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Nursing
- Academic Advising
- Academic Catalog
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Center for Excellence
- Internships & Career Placement
- Lifelong Learning At Regis
- IT Services
- Institutional Review Board
What is PowerSearch?
PowerSearch allows you to search many (almost all) of the library’s resources with a single search query.
It searches our major databases plus online content that is available through Open Access.
When should I use PowerSearch?
- PowerSearch is a “best bet” when you are not sure how to start searching for your topic.
- PowerSearch is great for when your topic could be covered in multiple subject databases.
- PowerSearch can be very helpful when you have searched other databases but are still not finding enough information on your topic.
Databases searched include: *
Academic Search Complete
America: History and Life
CINAHL – Cumulative Index to Nursing & Allied Health Literature
Communication & Mass Media Complete
ERIC – Education Research Information Center
Health Source: Academic Collection
Literature Resource Center
MLA International Bibliography
Social Sciences Full Text
Select journals purchased electronically
Biography In Context
Business Insights: Essentials
The New York Times (from 1985 onward)
General OneFile + more…
Online collection of subject encyclopedias
Open access databases such as
Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
British Library Ethos (Dissertations)
* Note that this covers major databases searched but is not a complete list of databases searched.
Note: You may still choose to use individual databases for your searches. Individual databases such as CINAHL have specific features for querying and refining results that are not available in the PowerSearch.
Databases that are NOT searched by PowerSearch:
Minuteman Library Catalog
When using PowerSearch, remember to refine your results by using the Limiters on the left side of your results page!