- Bachelor's Degree Completion
- Academic Affairs
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Business & Communication
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Nursing
- Academic Advising
- Academic Catalog
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Center for Excellence
- Internships & Career Placement
- Lifelong Learning At Regis
- IT Services
- Institutional Review Board
Accelerated 16-month BS in Nursing for Non-Nurse College Graduates
|Tuition||Credits for graduation||Time to Complete|
Academic Year 2017-2018
|60 semester hours||16 months full-time|
Nurses are on the frontlines of our healthcare system. As the population ages and the demand for better healthcare increases, the need for registered nurses is expected to soar. If you are looking to become a nurse and already hold a bachelor’s degree in a non-nurse subject, our accelerated nursing degree program will allow you to earn your BS in Nursing and become a Registered Nurse in just 16 months.
The Accelerated BS in Nursing at Regis prepares you to sit for the NCLEX examination and work as a Registered Nurse. Training includes:
- Classwork that prepares you with skills needed in the care setting
- Clinical placement that provides valuable hands-on experience
This is a full-time program, with a combination of day and evening courses. Rigorous coursework and clinical experience train you for a career in nursing.
Program Coursework includes:
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Complex Care Nursing
We strongly encourage applicants to have completed at least 5 of the 8 prerequisites, preferrably the physical sciences plus labs, in order to be reviewed for admission. Prerequisites* do not need to be completed at the time of application, but must be finished before starting the program with a B - or better.
*Physical Science Pre-requisites must be completed within seven years of the start of the program.
The required clinical placements allow you to apply classroom learning in a clinical setting, learn from professionals working in the field, and build your professional network. Recent placements include Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Franciscan Hospital, Massachusetts General Hospital.
Regis North in Lawrence
Our Regis North Campus located in Lawrence, MA provides an industry-leading BSN program in the same format as our Weston Campus. Taught by faculty from Regis' Weston campus, you will graduate from one of the region's top nursing programs with the skills and clinical experience to excel as a nurse. Regis North offers clinical placements throughout Massachusetts, including downtown Boston and regionally in the Merrimack Valley, our students become versatile and while building a large professional network.
The Accelerated BS in Nursing for Non-Nurses is designed for students with a previous bachelor’s degree in a non-nurse subject.
- Completed application form*; transcripts from undergraduate degree and all prerequisite courses
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Resume; Statement of Purpose; two letters of recommendation
- Interview with the Program Director may be required
- *Applicants using NCAS must submit all documents, including transcripts, to NCAS for verification. NCAS Applicants cannot be reviewed by the Regis Admissions team until they are verified on NCAS.