- Bachelor's Degree Completion
- Academic Affairs
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Business & Communication
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Nursing
- Academic Advising
- Academic Catalog
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Center for Excellence
- Internships & Career Placement
- Lifelong Learning At Regis
- IT Services
- Institutional Review Board
Post Master's Nursing Certification Program
|Tuition||Credits for graduation||Time to Complete|
Academic Year 2017-2018
|31-39 semester hours||1-2 years|
With the current shortage of nurses, the need for advanced practice nurses who are prepared in multiple specialties is high. The Regis Post Master's Nursing Certificate Program offers opportunities for you to build upon your clinical skills and knowledge, allowing you to explore new professional directions.
This program is offered in two convenient formats
- On-campus Post Master’s Nursing Certificate
- Online Post Master’s Nursing Certificate
For master’s prepared nurses seeking nursing certification or current nurse practitioners seeking an additional area of concentration, the Regis Post Master’s Certificate will prepare you to sit for certification as a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, or Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner with a primary care focus.
Working with a faculty member, program director, the Associate Dean of the School of Nursing, you will develop a personal curriculum plan based on the specialty. Courses are offered during the day, in the evening, on weekends, and during the summer and can be taken full- or part-time. The number of courses varies based on the student's educational preparation.
- Care of the Childbearing Woman
- Nursing Leadership
- Primary Care of the Family
Holding additional nursing certification will prepare you to increase your current role or pursue additional avenues in you nursing career. Recent graduates are currently working at Cambridge Health Alliance, Beth Israel Deaconess, and Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
Candidates for the program are master’s prepared nurses who want additional certification for career advancement
- Completed application form and all transcripts
- Personal statement; Resume; two letters of recommendation
- Interview with the Program Director
- A history of an unemcumbered registered nurse license is required