- Bachelor's Degree Completion
- Academic Affairs
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Business & Communication
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Nursing
- Academic Advising
- Academic Catalog
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Center for Excellence
- Internships & Career Placement
- Lifelong Learning At Regis
- IT Services
- Institutional Review Board
Master of Arts in Strategic Communication
|Tuition||Credits for graduation||Time to Complete|
Academic Year 2018-2019
|30 credit hours||1-2 years|
A Masters of Arts in Strategic Communication at Regis College prepares you to address current communication challenges through the development of advanced skills in the following areas: intercultural communication, research, sports communication, and nonprofit communication. The Strategic Communication program prepares students to better serve and lead through the completion of a specialized Capstone.
Communication roles in both the nonprofit and sports industries are rapidly growing. At Regis College, we provide you the necessary skills to take on the challenges that communication professionals face at leading nonprofit and sports organizations. The skills you will learn while earning your degree are:
- Evaluate major communication theories and apply them in workplace settings.
- Apply quantitative and qualitative research tools in professional settings
- Employ effective techniques for communicating with people of a diverse cultural backgrounds
- Write clear and effective professional reports and messaging
- Collaborate in small groups using effective teamwork skills
- Design a strategic integrated marketing communication plan with new technologies
Regis College's Strategic Communication program consists of a rigorous ten-course curriculum. All students must take six required core courses, and have the option to specialize in either Nonprofit Communication or Sports Communication. All courses will be offered in a hybrid, 8-week format.
- Diversity and Differences: Intercultural Communication
- Organizational Communication
- Communication Data Analytics and Research Methods
- Public Relations
- Specialized Capstone
The specialized capstone experience allows you to apply classroom learning in a professional setting where you will develop your communication skills, learn from professionals working in the field, and build your professional network.
Please note that up to two graduate courses may be taken at Regis prior to applying and/or being accepted to the program. Please contact the graduate admission office at 781-768-7330 or email@example.com for more information.
The MA in Strategic Communication at Regis College is designed for students from a wide variety of backgrounds who have an interest in the field.
- Completed application form and transcripts
- Personal statement; Resume; two letters of recommendation
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- GRE score (may be waived by earning a grade of “B” or higher in two program courses as a non-matriculated student at Regis)
- Interview with the Program Director
College Hall 324