- Bachelor's Degree Completion
- Academic Affairs
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Nursing
- Academic Advising
- Academic Catalog
- Academic Calendar
- Accreditation & State Regulatory Authorizations
- Academic Center for Excellence
- Internships & Career Placement
- Lifelong Learning At Regis College
- IT Services
MA in Heritage Studies for a Global Society
|Tuition||Credits for graduation||Time to Complete|
|$980 /credit||33 semester hours||2-3 years|
Traditions and culture - art, music, artifacts, and history - are key elements defining the human condition. The MA in Heritage Studies program explores historical materials and cultural artifacts – ancient and modern, local, national or international and prepares you for a career in cultural and educational settings.
MA in Heritage Studies program is designed to provide you with a solid background in the theoretical, practical and professional aspects of heritage studies.
- Prepare for two pathways – academic and professional
- Gain skills for a career in museums and archives, community organizations, public history and more
- Hone writing and research skills for career growth or for further study
- Historiography and Methods
- Oral History and Performance
- Seminar: The Writer as Historian
The museum practicum allows you to apply classroom learning in a professional setting where you will develop your skills, learn from professionals working in the field, and build your professional network. Field experience placements include Strawbery Banke Museum and Stoughton Historical Society. Graduates of this program a currently working at Mass Bay Community College and the U.S. Army.
The MA in Heritage Studies is designed for students from a wide variety of backgrounds who have an interest in the field.
- Completed application form and transcripts
- Personal statement; Resume; Two letters of Recommendation
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- GRE score (may be waived by earning a grade of “B” or higher in two program courses as a non-matriculated student at Regis)
- Interview with the Program Director