- Bachelor's Degree Completion
- Academic Affairs
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Business & Communication
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Nursing
- Academic Advising
- Academic Catalog
- Academic Calendar
- Accreditation & State Regulatory Authorizations
- Academic Center for Excellence
- Internships & Career Placement
- Lifelong Learning At Regis
- IT Services
- Institutional Review Board
Certificate in Health Informatics
The Graduate Certificate in Health Informatics is designed to introduce health care providers to the informatics industry; its current state of the art, systems and management. Students will learn essential competencies needed to participate in the strategic leadership of information systems and explore the industry through a self designed practice mentorship. The program will employ a case study method/problem based method in the classroom. Faculty will work with students to design a field experience most appropriate to meet their professional goals. The certificate will be comprised of four didactic courses and a field/mentorship experience. Certificate coursework will prepare students to sit for the certification exam given by the HIMSS, Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (all students), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (Nurses only).
This program aims to (1) explore the rapidly changing, dynamic health informatics industry, (2) examine the many informatics options currently available or under development, and (3) synthesize knowledge of health informatics, leadership and change in addressing informatics problems in the real world setting.
On The Spot Admission
Wednesdays, 3-4pm – Receive an admission decision "on the spot" during 30 minute appointments. Submit online at least 2 working days prior to your appointment: online application, 2 letters of recommendation, 500 word personal statement, resume. Bring to appointment: official transcripts. Application fee waiver provided at time of confirmation of appointment. Please call 781.768.7330 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
- NU 710 Informatics in Health Care
- HP 635 Health Information Systems
- HP 643 Database Design & Development in Healthcare
- HP 638 Strategic Leadership in Health Informatics
- NU 641 Information Systems Mentorship or HP 620 Field Experience course
While this program does not allow for elective options, all students take part in a real world practical experience, which matches students with a mentor and allows for the opportunity to work in a health care setting.
Join us for an upcoming Graduate Information Session, RSVP Today!
- December 5. 2017 – All Graduate Programs, 6:00 pm
- January 10, 2018 – All Graduate Programs, 6:00 pm
- March 13, 2018 – All Graduate Programs, 6:00 pm