- Bachelor's Degree Completion
- Academic Affairs
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Nursing
- Academic Advising
- Academic Catalog
- Academic Calendar
- Accreditation & State Regulatory Authorizations
- Academic Center for Excellence
- Title III
- Internships & Career Placement
- Lifelong Learning At Regis College
- IT Services
- Institutional Review Board
Certificate in Gerontology
The certificate in Gerontology program is designed for students who wish to prepare for work with older adults and for professionals already working with the elderly. Nurses, physicians, health care administrators, occupational therapists, physical therapists, and social workers are among those for whom this certificate is designed. The program provides a background of basic knowledge in gerontology and permits students to acquire knowledge, in the physical, emotional, spiritual, social, political and economic issues related to aging through a multidisciplinary approach. This program provides students with a concentrated curriculum in gerontology.
On The Spot Admission
Wednesdays, 3-4pm – Receive an admission decision "on the spot" during 30 minute appointments. Submit online at least 2 working days prior to your appointment: online application, 2 letters of recommendation, 500 word personal statement, resume. Bring to appointment: official transcripts. Application fee waiver provided at time of confirmation of appointment. Please call 781.768.7330 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
- HP 623 Gerontology: A Multidisciplinary Approach
- HP 626 Sociological, Political, and Economic Perspectives in Gerontology
- HP 629 Chronic Illness and Aging: Management, Palliation, and End of Life Consideration
- Any of the following:
• HP 620 Field Experience or
• HP 632 Gerontological-Geriatric Mentorship, or
• a course to be determined in conjunction with faculty advisement
Join us for an upcoming Graduate Information Session, RSVP Today!
- Wednesday, December 7th, 6:00pm
- Tuesday, January 10th, 6:00pm
- Thursday, March 10th, 6:00pm
- Saturday, April 22nd, 9:30am
Online Information Session
Tuesday, February 14th, 2017, 12 noon – Graduate Certificates Online Information Session – Join us online to learn more about the Health Administration program here at Regis. Please RSVP to 781.768.7943 or email@example.com. Limited to 25 spots.