- Bachelor's Degree Completion
- Academic Affairs
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Business & Communication
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Nursing
- Academic Advising
- Academic Catalog
- Academic Calendar
- Accreditation & State Regulatory Authorizations
- Academic Center for Excellence
- Internships & Career Placement
- Lifelong Learning At Regis
- IT Services
- Institutional Review Board
Master of Science in Nursing
Accelerated Nurse Practitioner B.S./M.S Program
|Tuition||Credits for graduation||Time to Complete|
Academic Year 2017-2018
|94-97 semester hours||3 Years|
Job demand, good salaries and meaningful work make nursing an excellent field to enter. If you hold a bachelor’s degree in a non-nurse subject and would like to change careers, our accelerated BS to MS program provides an efficient way for you to become a nurse.
The BS to MS in Nursing at Regis prepares you for the registered nurse licensing examination and to qualify for the advanced nursing practice certification. You will sit for the NCLEX exam after just 16 months of study and earn your Bachelor's of Science in Nursing at the end of your second year. In the third year, you will complete a specialist track and earn your Master's of Science in Nursing.
The Accelerated BS to MS in Nursing program offers both a day and an evening option. The BS component must be completed full-time. You can elect to complete the MS component part-time on a per credit basis. Prerequisites* don’t need to be completed at the time of application, but must be finished before starting the program. Regis offers five primary care focused Nurse Practitioner tracks from which to choose.
*Physical Science Pre-Requisites must be completed within the past 7 years to the start of the program.
- Acute Nursing Care
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Nursing Theory
Clinical placements provides the opportunity to learn from professionals working in a clinical setting. Recent placements include Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Franciscan Hospital Rosie’s Place. Graduates of this program are currently working at Mass General Hospital, Tufts Medical Center and the Veterans Administration.
The Accelerated Nurse Practitioner BS/MS program is designed for students with a previous bachelor’s degree in a non-nurse subject
- Completed application form; transcripts from undergraduate degree and all prerequisites courses
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required; completed prerequisites
- Resume; Statement of Purpose; two letters of recommendation
- Interview with may be required and are by invitation only
- Scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT)*. If you hold a Master's Degree this requirement is waived
College Hall 216