- Bachelor's Degree Completion
- Academic Affairs
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Nursing
- Academic Advising
- Academic Catalog
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Center for Excellence
- Internships & Career Placement
- Lifelong Learning At Regis College
- IT Services
Live to Write … Write to Live
Who is today’s professional writer?
- A reporter typing into a blog on deadline
- A company spokeswoman crafting a message for the Web
- A public health specialist writing press release on how to avoid the latest flu virus
- A freelance writer conferring with a magazine editor on a new business story
- An author interviewing a famous scientist for a Web article
- A political blogger asking tough questions at a mayoral press conference
- A communications manager producing an online company newsletter
A professional writer is someone who produces clear, concise and effective prose using new digital tools while maintaining the rigor and discipline of the print world. A Master of Arts in Professional Writing from Regis College prepares its graduates for success in multiple fields.
In the MAPW program you will
- Gain and improve writing skills through hands-on lessons and instruction by professionals in journalism, public relations, communications, and creative nonfiction
- Practice applying new technologies in social media and digital publication
- Learn skills for in-demand areas such as health, science or business writing, writing for nonprofits, and public relations
- Take internships for real-world experience
The master’s degree will enhance the skills set of English, history or political science majors as well as those in fields such as nursing or public health.
MAPW courses use traditional on-the-ground format on evening and weekends along with hybrid delivery so working professionals can enhance skills and build a portfolio.
A 15-credit Certificate in Professional Writing for the New Media is also an option. The certificate requires four core courses and one specialty course
For More Information
College Hall 631