- Bachelor's Degree Completion
- Academic Affairs
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Nursing
- Academic Advising
- Academic Catalog
- Academic Calendar
- Accreditation & State Regulatory Authorizations
- Academic Center for Excellence
- Internships & Career Placement
- Lifelong Learning At Regis College
- IT Services
- Institutional Review Board
What is Interlibrary Loan?
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a service provided by Regis Library to obtain books and articles from other libraries when Regis Library does not have the item in its own collection.
Who is eligible for the Interlibrary Loan service?
Regis students, faculty and staff.
How do you request an item through Interlibrary Loan?
There are two options:
1) When searching many of our databases you may see an option to Request from Interlibrary Loan in your Results List. This links to a form that is partially completed, providing the article citation information. You need only add your contact information and submit.
2) A request form is also available under the Library Services section of our web site. This form asks you to enter both information about the article your are requesting and your contact information.
What kinds of materials can be borrowed?
Books and articles (not textbooks)
Under certain conditions other types of materials such as dissertations, microform, and videos may be borrowed.
How long does it take to receive materials?
Articles: 3 - 5 days, on average.
Books: 5 - 10 business days after the request has been processed, on average.
ILL staff work to get the information to you as soon as possible.
What is the length of the loan period?
Articles delivered electronically do not have to be returned.
The average loan period for books is one month, unless otherwise designated by the lender. Renewals are determined by the lender library and do not exceed one renewal.
Is there a fee for the Interlibrary Loan Service?
Typically, there is no fee involved. However, on rare occasions a lending library will impose a small fee. If this is the case, we will contact you before proceeding.
How will I know when my materials have arrived?
You will receive an email from ILL.
Articles will be attached to the email, with instructions on how to access.
Books can be picked up at the Circulation desk.
Note: Please always check the Regis library catalog and databases before requesting an item through Interlibrary Loan.