- Bachelor's Degree Completion
- Academic Affairs
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Nursing
- Academic Advising
- Academic Catalog
- Academic Calendar
- Accreditation & State Regulatory Authorizations
- Academic Center for Excellence
- Internships & Career Placement
- Lifelong Learning At Regis
- IT Services
- Institutional Review Board
Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
Federally Mandated IACUC Functions
- Review protocols and procedures for the use of any vertebrate animals involved in teaching and/or research at Regis College.
- Review at least every six months the institutional programs for humane care and use of animals in teaching and research activities.
- Inspect at least every six months all animal housing and use facilities using the USDA Guide for Care and Use of Laboratory Animals.
- Prepare and submit semi-annual reports of IACUC activities, facility inspections, and program and protocol reviews to the Institutional Official.
- Submit reports on animal utilization activity to federal oversight regulatory agencies including the National Institute of Health's Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare (OLAW).
- Review and investigate any concerns involving the care and use of animals and suspension of previously approved animal activity if it is determined that the activity is in violation of the Animal Welfare Act.
- Education and training of personnel who actively participate in research or teaching activities involving the handling and use of live vertebrate animals.
2017 Meeting Schedule
- January 9th 2017
- March 20th 2017
- June 19th 2017
- October 16th 2017
For questions regarding operation of the IACUC, meetings or other matters, please email IACUC@regiscollege.edu. To download and submit research protocols to the IACUC, please proceed to the Manage Protocols page for instructions. For information on training and health forms related to animal handling at Regis College, please proceed to the IACUC Training and Health Forms page.
To report a concern regarding animal use and/or care at Regis College, contact IACUC@regiscollege.edu. You may also send an anonymous letter to the IACUC chair at: Regis College, 235 Wellesley Street, Weston MA 02493. You may also submit a report to EthicsPoint, Regis’ third party hotline provider, at www.regiscollege.ethicspoint.com or 855.375.6790.