- The Mission of Regis College
- Core Curriculum
- Our Location
- Committed to Service
- School of Liberal Arts, Education and Social Sciences
- School of Nursing, Science and Health Professions
- Academic Credit
- Just the Facts
- Faculty By Department
- President's Message
- President’s Lecture Series on Health
- Public Relations
- Student Creative Work
- Institutional Review Board
The work of public relations at Regis is considered a communal function centered in the Office of the President, who is the College’s chief representative and communicator to government, society, the media, the Church, and other colleges and universities.
The entire Regis community participates in the development of College communications and press releases. Different departments, faculty members, staff members, students, or alumni are routinely engaged in communication tasks related to their particular endeavors. Members of the Regis Community who have a potential story are invited to fill out the News Coverage Proposal form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public relations at Regis has a set of goals
- To mark the participation of Regis College in the rich higher educational environment of Greater Boston and New England
- To convey the values and historical legacy of the College as founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Boston and as the College aims to meet higher educational needs of “the dear neighbor” and diverse populations of undergrads and graduate students in the twenty-first century
- To communicate the actions, achievements, and activities of various groups and members of the Regis College community to the general public
- To help fulfill the College’s commitment to serve and to lead to the general public
Currently, M. J. Doherty, Ph.D., Special Assistant to the President, works on a range of communications tasks with College President Antoinette M. Hays, Ph.D., R.N. and the members of the Administrative Council.
Media consultant Marjorie Arons-Barron of Barron Associates Worldwide works as a special advisor to College President Antoinette M. Hays and with M. J. Doherty in the areas of communications planning, strategy, and execution, in crisis communications, media relations, community relations, and public affairs.
Christopher Barroso is the Sports Marketing Coordinator who works for the Director of Athletics and handles Sports Information Reporting and athletic events press releases on campus.
Published news articles and the final versions of Regis press releases are posted on the Web and can be viewed on our news page.