- Core Curriculum
- Our Location
- Committed to Service
- School of Liberal Arts, Education and Social Sciences
- School of Nursing, Science and Health Professions
- Just the Facts
- Faculty By Department
- Student Profiles
- President's Message
- President’s Lecture Series on Health
- East Campus Project
- Public Relations
- Student Creative Work
Regis College nursing leaders and faculty travel to Haiti with Partners in Health to assess the nursing education needs in the country. Upon evaluation, Regis College commits to a targeted effort that will advance the level of nursing education of Haitian nursing faculty.
Regis College nursing leaders and faculty develop a curriculum for the newly established International Nursing Faculty Partnership Initiative (INFPI), also known as the Regis College Haiti project (RCHP), endorsed by Haiti’s Ministry of Health nursing leadership.
Regis College hosts nursing leadership from Haiti’s Ministry of Health to continue to discuss the future and development of the project.
Regis College leadership, nursing faculty, and volunteers travel to Haiti to re-affirm the RCHP as a priority post-earthquake and continue fundraising efforts.
RCHP Advisory Board formed and inaugural board meeting hosted at Regis College.
RCHP is funded and official project team is formed.
RCHP team and nursing leaders from the Haitian Ministry of health begin the selection process of the regional Haitian nursing faculty.
Regis College hosts new nursing leaders from the Haitian Ministry of Health to attend various Boston-based nursing education meetings.
Memorandum of Understanding signed by Minister of Health, Dr. Alex Larsen, and Surgeon General, Dr Gabriel Thimothe, of the Haitian Ministry of Health.
Regis College Haiti team attends and presents the RCHP at U.S. nursing conferences.
Regis College welcomes 12 select Haitian nursing faculty to campus and the project begins. Haitian nursing faculty complete the 6 week intensive at Regis College. Go to Project Begins.
- Fall classes in Haiti with online coursework and weekly lectures
- In November, Haiti team travels to Haiti to continue to teach. Toni Hays, President of Regis College, Nancy Street, Executive Director of the project and faculty member, and Cherlie Normilus, Project Director and Faculty member teach.
- While in Haiti, Team and 1st cohort visit and tour the new PIH/MSPP Mirebalais Hospital set to open Summer 2012.
Regis Haiti Team also attends partner meetings with:
- Ministry of Health Leadership
- Rector of the University of Haiti
- Rector of the University of Notre Dame d’Haiti
- Spring classes in Haiti with online coursework and weekly online lectures
- In March, Haiti team travels to Haiti with 3 Regis College Nursing Faculty, Cyndy Bashaw, Kellie LaPierre, and Susie Sawyer to teach.
- Graduate Student, Nathalie Davidson, travels with the team to help with translation.
All 12 Haitian nursing faculty returned to the Regis College campus for a 5-week intensive summer semester. All 12 passed the 3 required courses outlined in the program’s masters curriculum, and experienced a non-credited clinical observation and associated practicum.
Upon departure of the 12 Haitian nursing faculty, the Regis College Haiti Project team began to prepare for the fall semester. Two courses will be taught in Haiti by Haitian medical faculty.
Regis College Haiti Project
College Hall 112
235 Wellesley Street
Weston, MA 02493
President Antoinette M. Hays, PhD, RN
Project Lead Advisor
Nancy White Street, ScD, PNP, BC
Cherlie Normilus, MSN, RN, FNP, BC
Director of Advocacy & Policy
Alexis Przybylski Lawton
Director of Communications & Administration
Director of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving
235 Wellesley Street, Box 30
Weston, MA 02493