Just the Facts
- A Catholic, coeducational university composed of the School of Arts and Sciences, the School of Health Sciences, the School of Nursing, the School of Business and Communication, and the Institute of Advancing Studies
- Founded in 1927 by the Congregation of Sisters of St. Joseph Boston
- Named after CSJ founder Sister Mary Regis Casserly
- 132-acre campus located in the town of Weston, twelve miles west of Boston
- Regis College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
- The Elementary, Moderate Special Needs, and Secondary Education Programs have been approved for Interstate Certification and meet the standards of the Interstate Certification Compact/National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification.
- The Social Work Program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- The Nursing Programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN, 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326; 404-975-5000).
- The Medical Radiography program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT, 20 N. Wacker Street, Suite 2850, Chicago, IL 60606-3282; 312-704-5300).
- The Nuclear Medicine Program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Educational Programs in Nuclear Medicine Technology (JRCNMT, 2000 W. Danforth Rd., Suite 130, #203 Edmond, OK 73003; 405-285-0546).
- Regis supports the efforts of secondary school officials and governing bodies to have their schools achieve regionally accredited status and, thus, to provide reliable assurance of quality educational preparation of applicants for admission to college.
- 2,000+ undergraduate, graduate, and online students from 31 states and 7 countries
- 33 percent of our population consists of minority and international students
- Over 95 percent of undergraduates receive some form of financial assistance
- Over 40 percent of degree-seeking undergraduates are first-generation college students
Tuition, Room & Board
(2017-2018 Academic Year)
- Tuition: $39,820
- Room and Board: $14,740
- 96 full-time and 114 part-time
- 70% of full-time faculty hold doctoral or other terminal degrees
- Student/Faculty ratio = 12:1
- All classes at Regis are awarded academic credit in accordance with the federal credit hour policy as described here.
- Nineteen majors, twenty-eight minors, honors program, teacher licensure, combined bachelor's/master's option
- Twenty-two master’s programs and 9 graduate level certificate programs
- Doctorate programs in nursing and education
- 89.2 percent of the Class of 2016 completed at least one internship/clinical rotation prior to graduation
- Study abroad affiliations with Regent's College (London), University of Cork (Cork, Ireland), Kyoto Notre Dame University (Kyoto, Japan) and Assumption College (Rome)
- Cross-registration agreements with Babson College, Bentley University, Boston College and Brandeis University that permit undergraduate students from one campus to register for courses on another
- RegisNet, our campus-wide fiber-optic network, provides access to high-speed Internet connections, email, common calendars, and the Minuteman Library Network, the Regis Library's 24/7 online network
- Active ports throughout campus, twelve computer labs (2 with 24/7 availability), ITS Help Desk, and the Moodle online learning tool used by over 40 percent of faculty
- Ubiquitous wireless coverage is provided across campus to over 621,000 square feet of campus building space. Exterior wireless service is provided to enhance the “classroom without walls.”
- Five secure residence halls
- Ample and well-lit on-campus parking available for sophomores, juniors, seniors and graduate students
- Regular free transportation to local malls, Riverside T station, and other designated locations and events
- 24-hour campus police presence and facilities management
- Comfortable commuter lounges on campus with TVs and WiFi
- Regular social programs offered by the Office of Student Programming and Leadership
- On-campus parking, UCar service, and shuttle loop to the Riverside T Station
- Athletics complex includes a 6-lane, 25-yard pool, modern fitness center, and much more
- NCAA outdoor athletic facilities include 8-lane track, synthetic turf field, six tennis courts and softball complex
- NCAA Div. III women's teams in basketball, cross country, field hockey, lacrosse, soccer, softball, swimming and diving, tennis, track and field, and volleyball
- NCAA Div. III men's teams in basketball, cross country, lacrosse, soccer, swimming and diving, tennis, track and field, and volleyball
- More than twenty clubs and organizations
- Active community service program
- 97% of the Class of 2017 had secured professional employment and/or attended graduate school 6 months after graduation
- 89.2% of the Class of 2016 completed at least one internship/clinical rotation prior to graduation