- Mission & Values
- Just the Facts
- Public Safety
- Accreditation & State Regulatory Authorizations
- President’s Lecture Series on Health
- Latest News
- Report a Concern
- Contact Us
- Fine Arts Center
- Conference & Event Planning
- Children’s Center
- Finance & Business
- Human Resources
The Accounts Payable Department, with the cooperation of the Purchasing Department, is responsible for researching and processing all financial obligations (disbursements) for the College. This area also maintains vendor records, prepares annual IRS Form 1099s, and provides customer service to vendors and the entire College community. The department is located in College Hall, Room 201.
The five generally accepted documents required to process disbursements are:
- Original Invoice
- Purchase Order
- Check Requisition Form (used only if an invoice is unavailable)
- Contract Service Form (used for independent contractors)
- Weekly Expense Report
This is the most common form of disbursement. For the Business Office to process an original invoice, this document must contain the following vendor information:
- Telephone Number
- Invoice Number
- Invoice Date
- Date of service performed or product delivered
- Detailed description of service performed or product delivered
- Dollar amount to be paid for service performed or product delivered. (Product invoices should also include per unit pricing and a packing slip for support documentation.)
- A three-digit department number (xxx) and four-digit account number (xxxx) to be charged
- Authorized approval signature
A photocopy or fax copy of an invoice or an invoice missing any of the above information is considered unacceptable.
If you are doing business with a non-taxable vendor, please request a tax-exempt certificate. This certificate must be maintained on file in the Business Office.
In addition, we recommend that you notify each vendor to include the Regis College three-digit department number (xxx) and the four-digit account number (xxxx) on each invoice to ensure expediency.
A Purchase Order must be used for:
- Capital expenditures items that cost of $2,500 or more and have a useful life of three or more years
- Operating items that have a cost of $1,000 or more
- Vendors that request the use of a purchase order
All purchase orders must be coded and approved.
Do not use a purchase order for items under $1,000.
Check Requisition Form
Only use a Check Requisition Form when a vendor does not use an invoice or does not require a purchase order. This form must contain the vendor information listed above under “Original Invoice.”
When using this form, please use proper names for "pay to" information. Do not use slang names.
Do not use a check requisition form if you are paying from an invoice or purchase order.
Contract Service Form
The Contract Service Form is to be used for all 1099 vendors. A 1099 vendor is an independent contractor who performs a service for the College and who is not an employee. To qualify as an independent contractor you must meet the following criteria:
- Be engaged to perform a service free from control and direction by the College in both contractual obligation and fact, as determined in the sole discretion of the College.
- Be engaged to perform a service outside the usual course of business of the College as determined in the sole discretion of the College.
- Your usual trade or business occupation must be of the same nature as the scope contemplated to be performed for Regis. More specifically, you must be customarily engaged in an independently established trade, occupation, profession of business of the same nature as that involved in the service to be performed and routinely provide such services to other clients or customers. This must be verified by the College in its sole discretion.
- You must provide, in advance of the proposed engagement, satisfactory, in the College’s sole discretion, evidence of Commercial General Liability Insurance, written on an occurrence basis, with the following minimum limits:
• General Aggregate (per location) $1,000,000
• Products/Completed Operations Aggregate $1,000,000
• Personal and Advertising Injury $1,000,000
• Per Occurrence $1,000,000
• Automobile Liability Coverage (no fault) with limits of not less than $1,000,000 combined single limit for each person, for bodily injury and property damage.
• Evidence of Workers’ Compensation Insurance, subject to statutory limits, in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- The potential Independent Contractor must enter into an Indemnification Agreement written by the College.
- Federal tax identification number or social security number
- Certificate of insurance, see above coverage amounts
- Vendor information listed above under “Original Invoice"
A tax identification number or social security number must be maintained on file in the Business Office for 1099 vendors. This information is recorded on a W9 Form.
Weekly Employee Expense Report
The Weekly Employee Expense Report is used to reimburse employees for travel and travel-related expenditures during the normal course of business.
The College will reimburse expense reports as quick pay vendors provided the form is properly completed and appropriate original receipts are attached. The College encourages employees to submit original credit card receipts for support documentation. This will ensure the employee expeditious reimbursement.
It is recommended the employee photocopy his/her expense report prior to submission to the Business Office as a precaution. This is a weekly expense report and should be submitted once a week if applicable.
Using an employee expense report or a check requisition form to purchase items during the normal course of business should be avoided whenever possible. These items should be purchased through the use of an original invoice or a purchase order.
Petty Cash Reconciliation Form
Please submit all original receipts with this form when returning and reconciling petty cash advances. All original receipts must be attached to this form along with any unused cash to the Business Office, attention Grace Gruber, in College Hall 201.
Accounts Payable disbursements will be processed weekly on Thursdays unless otherwise informed. The majority of vendors maintain a regular status, which is payment 30 days from the invoice date. However, this may fluctuate between 30-45 days at any period given our cash requirements. Some vendors maintain a quick pay status, which is less than the period stated above. Quick pay vendors are limited to critical vendors such as utilities and employee expense reports.
The appropriate Department Chair or Department Director must sign all forms. Department Chairs, Department Directors and Administrative Council Members must have their expense reports approved by their immediate supervisor.
Please establish a policy where disbursement documents are forwarded to the Department Manager, approved by the Department Manager and distributed to the Business Office on a weekly basis.
Contact Grace Gruber, the Accounts Payable Manager, for further assistance.
Accounts Payable Manager